Translate

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day 2 Tuesday March 23

Riddle of the day: I’m tall when I’m young, and I’m short when I’m old, what am I? (I will post the answer at 3:30 every day or I can tell you the answer when we have our phone call in the afternoon.)
Answer: A Candle! When you first use it it is young and tall. When it is old it is short because of all the times you have used it. 

Quotes for today: These will hopefully help you with your caring profile. 




Good morning meet King! https://youtu.be/zsZXVz1W0aI


French:


Learning goal: Identify the gender of French nouns and use the correct articles.

Success criteria: I can use hints to identify the gender of French nouns and use the correct articles accordingly.


-       Students will look at the revision below: Les articles.

Articles définis:                               Articles indéfinis:
Le: nom masculin.                           Un: nom masculin.
La: nom féminin.                             Une: nom féminin.
Les: pluriel.                                       Des: pluriel.

-       On a lined sheet of paper, students will write the date in French (should be able to do it independently: Mardi 24 mars 2020) and write the title: Les structures et les bâtiments: les articles. (as usually done in class).
-       The will write down the following new vocabulary words and fill in the blanks using the correct articles (articles définis) mentioned in the revision above: (Hint: look out for the trap!)

_______ bâtiment                     ________ structure

_______ matériel                      ________ materiaux

_______ maçon                         ________ maçonne

_______ pierres                        ________ brique

________ métal                         ________ construire

_______ construction             ________ Tour Eiffel

_______ Statue de la Liberté

Answer key:

Le bâtiment, la structure, le matériel, les matériaux, le maçon, la maçonne, les pierres, la brique, le métal, construire (les verbes ne prennent pas d’article!!), la construction, la Tour Eiffel, la Statue de la Liberté.

Language:
Learning Goal: Students will become familiar with persuasive texts such as,

Success Criteria:
-I can describe Emotional Appeal
-I can describe Exaggeration
-I can describe Bandwagon
-I can describe Loaded Words

- Emotional appeal - make you have a good/sad/happy feeling towards the product

-Exaggeration – makes you feel like you can be a superhero by having the product



- Bandwagon makes you feel like everyone has it/is doing it, so you need to


-Loaded wordsuses words that have a big meaning to the person watching like being healthy, and feeling great


Instructions:
-Students will watch the video from me, https://youtu.be/wx6DoGRdYdk

-Then they will watch, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azttKmT0rVc 

-Watch first commercial (the one with the puppy), pause, explain commercial is emotional appeal – ask them how?
-Watch second commercial (Dorito commercial), pause, explain that is exaggeration – ask them how?
-Watch third commercial, pause (Chucky Cheese), explain this is bandwagon– ask them how?
- Watch fourth commercial, pause (Frosted Flakes), explain this is loaded words– ask them how?
-When finished make your own advertisement picture using one of the 4 learned persuasive advertising techniques.


Gym:
PE with Ms. V!

Hello everyone!

Today, Ms. V is creating something special for you! Your job today is to pick your own activity (or activities) to play in order to be active for 60 minutes!

Need some ideas?

  • Run around in the backyard or basement
  • Kick a ball around the house [be careful!]
  • Find a couple videos on GoNoodle
  • Check out Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube
  • Run up and down the stairs
  • Dance or Freeze Dance with your parents or siblings
  • Make your own Dance or Gymnastics routine using what you remember from our unit
  • Bear Walks, Crab walks, Walk backwards, Bunny hops, Frog jumps, etc. down the hallway and back in your home
  • Ms. V’s Instagram Channel - @physedwithmsv

Send me photos and videos of your creative games and ideas! J
***Make sure you fill out your Activity Log to track your activity throughout the day!

You can also check out my PE Instagram@physedwithmsv
I will be posting daily challenges and other resources to help you stay active at home!

Keep up the great work

Lunch/Recess

Math:
Learning Goal: Students will explore counting sets of money

Success Criteria:
-I can count sets of money
-I can represent money amounts in different ways
-I can write money amounts
-I can use pictures to represent money amounts

Instructions:
-Watch this video, https://youtu.be/ZmnD3tUEalA

-Review coin amounts 
               
-how to show in two ways 
-how to show coin amounts 



-Students are asked to complete pages 122-123 in their math book.
Attached to email and answer key provided

Reflection:
Learning Goal: Students will understand the learner profile of 'caring'

Success Criteria:
-I can describe the definition of caring
-I can describe how to be caring
-I can describe a time I was caring
- I use my neatest cursive or printing
-I draw and colour a detailed picture

Instructions:
1. watch/listen to story Oma's quilt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nRpYYvqbqY
2. Brainstorm what being caring means to you?
3. Think about a time you were caring?
4. Complete caring poster page Please see email attachment
5. Once complete please upload pictures of work to seesaw account




Quiet time- puzzles, reading, chores, board games

Snack/Recess

Unit of Inquiry: 
Learning Goal: Students will learn about the meaning of structures and what makes them strong and stable

Success Criteria:
- I can write something I want to learn about in this unit
-I write in my neatest cursive or printing. 

Instructions:
- Watch Science max video: https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=kL8PQWWtsOU

-Once complete brainstorm a list of things to do with structures and materials that you wonder about. (You can use any sheet of paper for this)
-Circle the one that you most want to learn about. 

****Once complete please upload pictures of work to seesaw account